Sunday, August 10, 2014

Your plans are not the Bible


Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Let’s pick this up from the top. I tried last week and ended up with a muddled piece of anti-sense no person shall ever read. I am that no person. Okay, it’s been a couple of weeks, I’ve been itching to come back I swear. It so happens that my 7 posts are going to span a couple of months, but eventually I’ll be done. There. Apparently my foot can fit in my mouth after all :) :)

That four personalities chart thingy places me as a melancholic. Mostly that’s true. I’m also a little phlegmatic. I like silence. I work in silence these days for some reason, even though I can get all the music I want. It’s strange for me, because my schooling years I couldn’t abide silence. Mum says people who are afraid of silence are afraid of themselves and their thoughts. So maybe that’s a good thing. I’m beginning piece number one of my Desiderata series on that note.

As a side bar, I have had an interesting couple of weekends. First my five day hiatus at Muki’s which provided the perfect mini-vac from the recent events. And I finally watched my first 3D movie on the second try thanks to Colin. I hope I’m not the last to that party. Transformers 3. It was quite something I guess. The rest of the weekends have been spent around love and friends. Who I cannot be grateful for enough. Also this isn't what we did that Sato



The truth about life I discovered is that it moves on. Whether you want it to or not. Whether you hide or not. Life goes on. And that’s never a bad thing. I’ve been watching this series, and the granny said that life is about solving one problem after another, and then we die. It seems like a pessimistic analysis, but it is not without its truth. Jesus does say Himself that we will have tribulation. Meredith Gray says that you cannot outrun pain. I say that life is as easy now as it’s ever going to be. Wherever you are. Think about it. Really think.

Our dad has finally gotten up. He has finally gotten up on his feet. It’s not complete, but God’s truth, it’s the most amazing thing that’s happened all this year. I think I’ve learnt that we have good friends, my family and I. people who clung on for us when we lost  it. I’ve always believed that that’s how God works. He raises people to cover your back when you can’t have it for yourself. It was amazing. And we give thanks.

Of late I’ve been learning how to let people be themselves, and let people run their own lives the best way they see how. Sometimes that doesn’t work out for me; many times that doesn’t work out for me. The best expression of love I know is getting involved. Sometimes that's blurting out the first thought in my head. Sometimes it's fixing. So taking a step back and letting things unfold is new for me. I hope it works out.

I don't know much about speaking to strangers. I would if my life depended on it I guess. But like just because? I doubt it... I've certainly mastered that art of self-company, maybe a little too well... But there is some truth in those lines up there. i shall have to spring forth from this shell and embrace novelties. I’m still bugged all over by this verse

…except that no man can understand the work that God does from beginning to end

I don’t know why, because I’ve always known that. Maybe it’s because it’s the so little spoken of addendum of the ‘He has made all things beautiful in its time’ verse. I came so close… waiting is hard sometimes. Waiting indefinitely is even harder. I usually think myself capable of dealing with most things, but silence and not knowing beat me down. I know every piece of this puzzle will fall into its rightful place at some point. But I don’t know where that is. So it’s hard.

Oswald Chambers says that you pour yourself out for others in the meantime. So that’s my plan. To actively prevent myself from sinking into the shadows. I’m very accustomed to not sinking roots anywhere, or making immediate future plans. I’m trying to make an effort. Nothing come from nothing. Nothing comes for nothing. Your plans are not the Bible. Your happiness is a fringe benefit. His purpose comes first.

It was a remark that cut into me when I saw it, “your plans are not the Bible”. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I know this hasn’t had much to do with the desiderata portion for today, but oh well. Eventually one of them will find a story of best fit. Plus, I need to get ahead with it before silence kills me. He beautifies everything, that's what's so awesome. Nothing is beyond rescue with Him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment