Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank You for the 'NO!'

My semester comes to an end in a week. Imagine that! Not you,of course there's nothing strange about that :)  I had today my nemesis paper, Nutritional Biochemistry. The thing which I feared the most. But it was alright, it was not all I feared it would be, for which i thank Him. We weren't taught much, for the better part of the semester the lec was unwell, she didn't even administer the exam today. So reading for this paper was like trying to shoot a flying duck in the dark. And my spatial skills are really terrible. ;) Now that it's over I feel relieved.

The first time she walked into my class this semester I got a fright. I remember leaving that class one Tuesday and thinking to myself, that's going to be me someday. Up until then I hadn't really considered what good would come of this bchem thing. Not that I have a better idea of it now. it's one of those questions I dread being asked, cause I don't have an answer to it. I don't see myself spending my days toying around with DNA, I'm too artistically inclined. But in a strange kind of way I'm really looking forward to the end of this, if ten years from now I'll still be writing here then we'll see what I'll be saying.
I was reading a portion from the first of the Puritan Prayers earlier on this evening.
I thank Thee that many of my prayers have been refused. I have asked amiss and do not have, I have prayed from lusts and been rejected, I have longed for Egypt and been given a wilderness. Go on with Thy patient work, answering 'no' to my wrongful prayers, and fitting me to accept it. Purge me from every false desire, every base aspiration, everything contrary to Thy rule
I have not lived too long, I'm not too wise. I remember when I was younger I wanted more that anything else to be a doctor. He said no. I was distraught, but now I'm thinking, what was I thinking??!!! there's that poem I love so much, I asked Him for what I wanted, He gave me what He knows I need. And yeah, I may not really mean all of it yet, but along with all the yesses I've gotten,  thank You more for the nos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment