Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Starry Nights

Friend of mine wrote this poem last year, one of the few true poets I've had the pleasure of interacting with. In recent days, I've found myself reading and reading this poem, for it's beautiful pictures, but more for how adequately it describes what's in my heart.

Every starry night
When the night is clearer than most
I take a glimpse inside
Assess the depths of my heart

When the night breeze blows gentle
And the sky seems to smile
I stretch out from within my depths
And seek that my heart should find an outlet 

Then every starry night
With every single glance inside
I am reminded of the rot within
I am reminded of the concealed wretch.

The crickets fill the night with the songs of their chirping
The stars hear and twinkle in response
The wind skillfully blows out a whistle
And the trees shake their leaves in gleeful dance

My heart hears, my heart sees, my heart feels
Then my heart breaks, it melts to pure flow
For my armorless heart is beaten, stretched to its ends
The raging battles of light and dark left it in shear turmoil

I cry to the Author of this simple peaceful starry night
That its harmonious patterns;

He may instill in the elements of my shambled heart.

Daggy Odipo


0 comments:

Post a Comment