Saturday, November 5, 2011

yes Sir, i'm fine


Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.


Another poem we did back in high school was one called ‘Yes sir, I’m fine’. Something about the gap between the rich and the poor, it was quite satirical, no one’s put it up on the net yet, and I can’t find it right now, I would. So anyway, guy talks about how his boss just had a four course meal, and his car’s a Mercedes Benz etc etc, while he didn’t have any lunch and depends on old worn-out feet to transport him, then he says, ‘But sir, I’m fine’. However I digress.
It’s been a rough couple of days, truth be told, the worst there have been in a long time. But this Saturday evening, as I sit in my bed (which bed I have been in all day), I think, “Yes Sir, I’m fine!” Not because my troubles have miraculously vanished, and the gnawing pain that lodged in my chest all through is gone… the truth about broken hearts is that only time can truly heal… But what started as a bad day is now better, thank God. I know still there will be a few more bad days, a few more tears, a few more lying-in-bed-all-day days, a few more what-was-I-thinking's… But I’m fine. As sure as my Redeemer liveth, I know I will be alright, and though I can’t possibly see how He could right  now, He is working for me behind the scenes, He is lifting away the burdens, and the loads I have clung to even though I couldn’t bear their weight… He is taking all my mourning, He is turning it into dancing, and one day, one day I will stand up before a crowd, and say, “Come magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together…that which the devil meant for my destruction, He has turned into a song...”
My prayer tonight, every word in the 38th Psalm:
 1O Lord, rebuke me not in Thy wrath: neither chasten me in Thy hot displeasure.
 2For Thine arrows stick fast in me, and Thy hand presseth me sore.
 3There is no soundness in my flesh because of Thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
 4For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
 5My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
 6I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
 7For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
 8I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
 9Lord, all my desire is before Thee; and my groaning is not hid from Thee.
 10My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
 15For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
 16For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
 17For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
 18For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
 21Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
 22Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
 Forgive me, Lord... forgive me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment